JUST KIDDING, internet friends!!! A few days ago I had no idea what a blog award was or how I could get my doodling hands on one, and now I have TWO! I am ecstatic. Just look at me:
You can tell I’m happy because my dimples are showing.
There were even fireworks celebrating my awards!
That may have been a lie, but there were fireworks.
Ok, and I couldn’t physically hold onto my awards, so I’m doing it virtually. Deal with it.
Without further ado, I present you my awards:
Ok, so the rules for this blog award (or herpes of the blogosphere, as lauren refers to it):
1. Thank the person who gave you the award
2. Share seven things about you
3. Nominate 15 newly discovered blogs
4. Let your nominees know about the award!
Here goes… something.
1. Thank you, thank you!!!
2. Seven things about me:
1) I am going to try out a poem or two soon, so that I feel better about receiving this award.
2) I went grocery shopping today and therefore feel like I’ve accomplished something.
3) I love Disney movies and when I have a baby I will hold it up like Simba for the world to see, but not like MJ over a balcony because that’s just not safe.
4) I used to take piano lessons and recently found a picture of my child self online posing for my piano teacher’s album cover in the most embarrassing dress ever stitched.
5) I learned a lot from my summer classes this session, but my grades are certainly not going to reflect it :(
6) I eat tomatoes whole, like an apple, and my husband thinks I’m weird because of it (if you eat your tomatoes like this too, please let me know in the comments, or email me if you would like to remain anonymous: firstname.lastname@example.org)
7) I have a terribly controlling sweet tooth
3. 15 seems a little crazy to me, and I don’t like the term “nominees”, so I’m going to choose a few winners instead– that way the winners know that I truly like their blog and am not just trying to fill the slots.
1) You’re Lucky I Don’t Have a Gun @ http://thingsiliketoeatandothernonsense.blogspot.com/
2) Amber @ http://nostomanic.blogspot.com/
3) Gnetch @ http://thankgoodnessforthegoodones.blogspot.com/
4. I will let you know soon, I promise.
NEXT UP: my second ever blog award!!! Second only by like half an hour or something crazy like that.
This blog award is from You’re Lucky I Don’t Have a Gun over at Things I Like to Eat. A blog about eating? Now, that’s my kind of blog. And it’s not just about eating, it is about other things too. And it’s hilarious. Hey, she probably deserves a “the versatile blogger” award! Oh, wait, I already gave her one ;) Check out her blog – unless of course you are a dull and boring person and want no awesome in your life.
It’s the “You’re going places Award” and it has pictures of places that I have never, ever been! Hopefully that means that I will be going to those places!
There seem to be no “rules” to this one; I just have to explain where I see myself in 10 years, so this is it:
I have absolutely no idea. I mean, ask my 13 year old self where I thought I’d be in 10 years and I would have never been able to guess that I’d be where I am now. In 10 years I have gone from small town girl with braces and a million boy crushes (the hottest celebrity crushes taped to every available wall space in my bedroom) to moving 2,000 miles away from my friends and family and becoming the wife of one of those boy crushes!!! So, with that in mind, I will attempt to predict the future.
In 10 years I will have a teaching job that I love. I will have a house, or at least a nice condo. I will have a dog and possibly a child (if not, I will be seriously considering having or adopting one). I will [still] have a husband who loves me. I will have a published novel (whether it is one of the projects I have going right now, I am not sure, but it will happen). I will have a jetpack. Rosie from The Jetson’s will be cleaning my house/condo. And, perhaps most importantly: I will be me, only older.
Now, I’ll choose a few winners for this award, too:
1) lalalalauren @ http://trashrocktour.blogspot.com/
2) Stacy @ http://stacysaysblog.blogspot.com/
3) Johana @ http://the-mercurial-wife.blogspot.com/
That’s it on the awards for now. Be sure to check out all of the winners because they are all amazing (that’s why I chose them) and they will definitely make you laugh and leave you wanting more.
Thanks again for choosing me, ladies!!!
Oh, one more thing:
I just wanted to let you know that I made a page all about my wedding called “Happily Ever After”. Click that bad boy to check it out. There is also a link to it at the top of the page :)